Tuesday 31 May 2011

.

... Michael Jackson died and I was able to miss out on all that hullabaloo for the most part because I was too busy staring at mountaintops. That thought occurred to me halfway through this recent vacation, and I wondered if this could present itself as a recurring jinx of sorts - who'd buy it this time? 

Well believe me, when I saw that Aussie acting icon Bill Hunter went and died I wished I'd tossed such morbid thoughts to the wind. Glenn wrote a lovely piece on him over at Stale Popcorn that does the man better justice than I ever could; I've seen him in several parts but for me he was always and forever gonna be Bill Heslop, Muriel's obnoxious dope of a father in Muriel's Wedding. I guess you can stop progress. I hope where ever you are now, Bill, you're just happening to stumble upon Deidre Chambers, and man is it a coincidence.

In somewhat related news, after a full year since first hearing about it we're finally getting a little more word on that reunion between Muriel director PJ Hogan and star Toni Collette - Variety says they've gotten the funding for it. It's called Mental and it's about "a family and its crazy but charismatic nanny." Methinks that nutty nanny might be tailor-made for our Tara, no?
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY