Wednesday 8 June 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Terminate This - Caught the last ten minutes of the first Terminator on TV last night - I say this with total affection in my heart, but what a cheese-fest! I'd forgotten. When Linda Hamilton - man I miss Linda Hamilton; I guess it's hard to roll out of bed when your bed is made out of billion dollar bills from Jim Cameron's stash - says, "You're terminated!" to the robot as she crushes him I watched my eyes roll right across the room. Anyway more blather about the upcoming reboot over here; apparently it'll be some sort of time-fracture plot a la JJ Abrams Star Trek, which does make sense. They want pretty pretty block of wood Paul Walker for the Michael Biehn role.

--- Song Bird - James Franco is releasing an album. I'd thought he learned his lesson from the Oscars. I guess not.

--- This Bites - Sharks are the new Truman Capotes! Stale Popcorn offers up the trailers for the similarly plotted (or should I say "plotted") Bait 3D and Shark Night 3D, the latter which is so abysmal a trailer I've refrained from commenting upon it yet. It's from the director of Final Destination 2 and has murderous sharks in three-dee - I should be commenting upon it!

--- Frosty Reception - Joe offers up ten thoughts on X-Men: Muppet Babies, all of which sound sound to my ears if I might be ever so slightly less enthusiastic. But I wholeheartedly agree with his endorsement of January Jones take on Emma Frost, as well as the striking resemblance between Banshee and Ron Weasley, which kept freaking me out.

--- Jonze-ing - Spike Jonze's new animated short film will be playing before every movie for the next two weeks at the IFC Center here in NY. Shame that this is what it takes to maybe force me to see the new Godard movie, but there it is.

--- Action Figures - The only reason I'm bothering posting the news that Dwayne Johnson's joining the cast of the next GI Joe movie is so's we can all take a moment, close our eyes, and picture him and Channing Tatum working up a sweat on the film set's personal gym and then hitting the showers, et cetera... et cetera... what was I talking about again?

--- Two By Two - Darren Aronofsky really wants to make his Noah and the Ark movie next, apparently. I will take whatever he wants to give me, so okay. Robes and sandals and two of every animal it is.

--- Re Up - Chris O'Dowd, who won our hearts and therefore our loins with his adorable accented police officer in Bridesmaids, has joined the cast of Judd Apatow's Knocked Up spin-off movie. But then, so has Charlene Yi.

--- Slave Wrangler - It's looking more and more like Leonardo Dicaprio will take the role of the lead villain in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, while it's looking less and less like WIll SMith will take the lead role of Django.

--- Space Jockeys - For a good long while Jake Gyllenhaal was attached to Doug Liman's Moon movie - he disassociated himself from the project awhile ago since the film was taking forever to get off the ground, and went and made his sci-fi movie Source Code instead. But Liman's movie has now gotten a green-light says DH, it's now called Luna, and the names rumored for Jake's one-time role are Bradley Cooper, Chris Evans, Andrew Garfield, Emile Hirsch and Chris Pine. Cast them all and then just eliminate all wardrobe budget!

--- Not So Shy Shia - Shia Labeouf is taking the Transformers 3 press rounds as an opportunity to tell us that a fifth Indiana Jones movie is very close to happening. He's also taking the moment to get photographed with his shirt off as you see there, which I appreciate slightly more. I mean I'm not a Case of Crystal Pepsi hater like most folks; I just have my own specially arranged priorities.

--- Pride Kills - As blessedly happens every June, Billy Loves Stu's going all out for Gay Pride Month and posting delights every day, like several recent interviews with gay horror folk - go forth and read, yo. One covered in gore is my kinda Pride.

--- The Bed That Eats - Hooray new reviews at Final Girl! Stacie's reviewed Death Bed and Castle Freak! There's a pair of titles.

--- Bust A Ghost - I am going to take this rare opportunity to encourage a remake of a film I love... probably just because it's early and I'm not quite myself yet. No, this is positive. Vulture's reporting that MGM wants to have David Lindsay-Abaire, the playwright behind Rabbit Hole, write a script for their long-rumored Poltergeist remake. Better still, they're not imposing any story limitations on him, meaning he could come up with a story all his own and they'd just lazily slap the name Poltergeist on it, I guess. Whatever, he hasn't even taken the job yet, so who knows. But in the same article they mention they're also working on a Carrie remake and that's so offensive I can't even.

--- Shield V Skull - io9's got a new TV commercial for Captain America, which apparently hasn't come out yet? I really feel like I already saw it. Huh.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY